Football Shaped Personal Alarms that sport a whopping 120 decibels (120Db)
Personal alarms are an affordable, effective self defense product that, unlike pepper spray, is legal to carry and use in all 50 States. Personal Alarms can be carried by men, women, teenagers, college students, children, senior citizens and just about anyone to bring attention to an attack, an emergency or any other safety hazard.
Alarms can be carried attached to a keychain, a purse, a backpack or on clothing. The ear piercing sound these alarms make will draw attention to your situation and many times will scare off potential attackers.
They are easily activated by pulling the football shape personal alarm from the pin located on the top of the unit; an ear piercing sound of 120Db will sound off and will continue until either the battery runs dead or the pin is re-inserted. The batteries are replaceable.
What 120db sounds like … compare it to a sound that most people know?
- A lawnmower is about 90 decibels
- A jackhammer is 100 decibels
- A live rock music show is roughly 110 decibels.
- A chain saw or a thunderclap are about 120 decibels.
- A military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier (50 feet away) is 130 decibels.
- 150 decibels will rupture one’s eardrums.